Eny/AECP/Masking Unleashed/Altenew

 


Hello everyone!


I'm back, with my final project for the Altenew Academy Level 2 classes! Todays project features techniques learned during the Masking Unleashed class. I created a fun and vibrant, yet simple card, that i hope inspires you to try out some of these techniques yourself.



For this card I will be using the Altenew Wild Hibiscus stamp set, as my main images. I begin by trimming a sheet of heavy weight white cardstock, down to 4.5x5.50 inches. I stamp my first flowers close to the center of the panel. I will stamp this same image, over Avery Removable Label sticker, and cut a long the silhouette to create my "mask". I remove the backing from the label, and then adhere on top of the stamped image on my panel. This allows for foreground and background details on my panel. I repeated the mask process for each flower image (or whatever image being used), so I can fully cover the images on my panel, before continuing my card.


Before removing the masks, I will add color to my panel. I used Distress Oxide Sprays Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber. Once it was dry, I stamped an image from the Altenew Crystal Frames stamp set, to add some extra interest to the overall design.

After adding all my details, I slowly remove the masks. If you're using masking paper or a removable label, these masks can be used over and over without them losing their stickiness. So, make sure to save them with the coordinating stamp set, for future use.

To add extra pops of color, I used Nuvo Drops to create enamel dots. To finished my card, I created a layer look. I used as my main base heavy weight black cardstock, and layered on top I adhered a slightly smaller piece of white cardstock. I trimmed my panel so it would fit within that "white frame" and finished my card with a sentiment from the Crystal Frames set.



Thank you so much for joining me once again on this adventure. It has been a truly fantastic and challenging one. Can't wait to share my final project with all of you when the time comes.

Happy crafting,

Eny Dunn





Comments

  1. This looks fantastic! Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!

Eny/AECP/With a Twist/Altenew