AECP : My Design Process for Masculine Cards

 


Hello everyone!
It's been 2 years since my last post and I am now finally able to share my final project for Altenew AECP. The final challenge was to create 4 masculine cards, using 3 techniques learned from the Altenew classes. 
The techniques I have chosen are:
  • Clean and Simple Boutique Cards
  • Stencil Techniques
  • With a Twist
I also included some design features that i feel really help pull in together the collection of cards I have made. These include Watercolor techniques, Monochromatic designs, and Magical Marker. I also included elemtns often associted with masucline imagery life greenery (leaves) and abstract shapes.
I was fully inspired by my upcoming Annivesary to create some fun, simple, unique cards that are easy to make and a ton of fun to gift.

You can get the full tutorial for each of these cards by visiting my YouTube Channel








I decided to incorporate one elem,ent from each previous card, on to the next design. For example, for this first card, I used the Clean and Simple Boutique Cards class as my main inspiration. I used Distress Oxide Inks in colors Speckled Egg, Cracked Pistachio, and Mermaid Lagoon (these will be my main three color inspiration for all these cards) I did a simple background by blending all distress oxide inks, starting with the lightest. Using Altenew Watercolor Essential Set, i sprinkled a bit of Persian Blue with my watercolor brush to create a spatter effect. While that was drying, I stamped the main image from the Paint-A-Flower: Paeonia Japonica set using Versafine Onix Black ink. What I love about this particular watercolor technique is that because it is not meant to be perfect, I can used regular 110lb cardstock. I used the same watercolor palette to paint my flowers, using colors Lagoon, Persian Blue , and Emerald.




My second card was honestly the most challenging because I really wanted to use Altenew "A Little Bit of Love" stamp set, but still incorporate the same monochromatic feel and look from the previous card. I decided to comit and go for it, and this is how it turned out. I stamped the hands from the set and used my Art-n-Fly alcohol markers to color my images. My main idea behind the hands being various shades of blue (or any color) Is that in relationships we don't always give 50/50. Sometimes you have to give a little more to your partner to help them through the day. Hence, why the hands are colored the way they are. For the background I used the Altenew Woven Stencil, and distress oxide inks to create a gradient effect. I placed my image over vellum paper that I cut using a Scrapbook.com circle die. This is such a simple card, but I love that it is incorporating Boutique card techniques (from the first card), Magical Markers technique, AND it's also introducing Stencil Techniques.




The third card will pull elements from the Stencil techniques to create a super fun and multi-textured card. I started by using Woven Stencil once again, and creating the same gradient look with my distress oxides, as the previous card. My main color block (secondary 'background') was made using Altenew Illusion Diamonds stamp set and Versafine Onyx Black ink. I decided to add another layer of texture and color by using Altenew Overlapped Leaves stamp set, but only Mermaid Lagoon to add color. Altenew Retro Plantines came to play to add a bit of of interest and serve as a focal point and the main sentiment comes from Aletnew Illusion Diamonds.




For my fourth and final card, I am incoportating elements from the Stencil Techniques, Magical Marker, but our main design will focus on the With a Twist class. The background was created using Altenew Deco Wonder Stencil , distress oxide inks, and the twist, is that i sued the same circle die to create an opening on one side of my card panel. I really like how the "I Love" (from Aletnew Everything About You set) sentiment peeks through. The greenery (Retro Plantines)  adds a wonderful touch, and makes it almost feel like a small vine crawling up a window. Once again i used the Magical Markers technique to add color to the leaves, and bring it all together.




And there you have it! 4 masculine cards, using 3 techniques. I once read somewhere that men only receive flowers on their funeral, and I want to change that. Flowers and greenery should be enjoyed by everyone! I hope this post inspires you to create something for that special someone in your life. Make sure to also check my next Blog post, where i will share the second part to the final challenge: a Altered piece.

Thank you always for your support and have a lovely day!

Eny Dunn
















Comments

  1. Goodness, Eny! I truly missed seeing your beautiful work!! LOVE the cards you created. LOVE LOVE

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!

Eny/AECP/Masking Unleashed/Altenew

Eny/AECP/With a Twist/Altenew