Altered Project AECP Final

 


Hello everyone!

Today I'm sharing the second part of my final project for the Level 2 classes for the Aletnew Educator Certification Program. We got tasked with Altering or Upcycling an item, and I decided to alter this wall art piece I had gottern at Target a couple of years ago. I love the look of it, and how simple it is, but I also wanted to include pops of colors found around our house. We do have a coffee station in our home, and this will be the perfect accent piece for that space.

I started by applying a bit of masking tape over the bottom black portion of the circle.



I decided to add some color with Apple Barrel acrylic paint in the color Laguna. It is the perfect shade of teal (in my opinion). I didn't sand the piece before hand because I will be addimng texture, but you can definitely do that if you want full coverage.




Using a dry paper towel, I will go over the still wet paint, leaving behind "splotches" on the surface. This is a fun and easy way to add texture to any wall art DIY. Just make sure that the surface is fully saturated in color, and to do it while it is still fully wet. Otherwise the paper towel will get stuck.



While that dries I grabbed Distress Oxide inks in the colors Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick, and Candied Apple and applied over some white 110 lb cardstock. I will also be using Altenew Layered Rose Die Set to create some fun layered roses. I wanted something simple, but a way to bring in a bit of spring in to house.





I run the dies in my in my Sizzix Big Shot and create 3 different flowers. Two will have all 3 layers that are meant for ther die, while the other 2 will only have two layers. A difference in height and texture will create a fun mix, and placement will play a huge part on where the focus will go. Because I wanted the flowers to stand out, I wont be adding any other element included in the dies set (i.e leaves), or any other pops of color to the main wall art piece.

I glued the flowers to the left side of the wall piece (again to keep the focus on one main area) using Aleens Tacky Glue. I love this glue because it gives me the wiggle room to adjust placement on my surface. 



I had an absolute blast creating this simple, yet beautiful, piece. Decorating any space in our house is always a fun day for me. Plus now I have extra flowers I can use to make more cards (or other altered projects) in the near future.

Thank you so much for joining me today and I hope this piece inspires you to create something wonderful.

Have a blessed day!

Eny Dunn













Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!

Eny/AECP/Masking Unleashed/Altenew

Eny/AECP/With a Twist/Altenew