International Music Day! feat. Xyron

Hello everyone,

Today I have a fun project to share with all of you. In celebration of International Music Day, I have created a fun gift box, for the aficionado in your life.

I wanted to create a gift box that looked like a record player and with a bit of thinking, I was able to pull it off. 
 We begin with 2 sheets of 6x6 cardstock
 Score on all four sides at the one inch mark
 Make a snip on all fur corner, going a long the score lines.
 Fold and crease every score line
 Adhere all sides together. I used my Xyron Mega Runner. Not only is it easy to use, but the adhesive is strong!
 Once all pieces are adhere, you will have a top and a lid.
 Bring both pieces together, until.you have a full box. It will fit snug.
 To really give it a Record Player look, I added an extra piece of cardstock.  This one is trimmed to be 4x6 and scored , widthwise,  at the one inch mark.
 Adhere the scored portion to the back of the "lid" of the box.
 To add detail to my record player base, i adhered a 4x4 piece of cardstock to the top, or "cover", of the lid.
 Cut a circle out of a 3 inch stencil or die. I used the several sizes of circle dies and my bone folder, to add the creases to my "vinyl record".
 Finish the look by added smaller circles in different colors to the center of the record.
 To create the needle, I first cut a 0.5 inch square and small circle and glued them to the top right corner.
 I then cut two strips paper one that measure about 4 inches long and a little less than half an inch wide. I then cut a one inch piece from that strip and glue the piece together at an angle. They should look like a very small hockey stick.

You can create a pocket , to add a card.

 You can add as many details as you'd like.to suit your theme. Add musical notes, pops of color,  the sky's the limit!

 I share a video showcase of the project in my YouTube channel.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

Happy crafting
Eny ❤

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!

Eny/AECP/Masking Unleashed/Altenew

Eny/AECP/With a Twist/Altenew