Eny/AECP Easy Die Cutting Techniques/Altenew


Hello everyone!

Eny here, with another fun Altenew Academy project. This week, I had been all about Easy Die Cutting Techniques, and created a fun, vibrant card, to share with all of you. Sometimes, and I'll be the first to admit, it can be quite difficult to figure out other ways to use our die sets in our stash. Today, I will be sharing with a very simple technique I was reminded of by taking this course.


I begin by die cutting the Altenew Gradient Stripes Cover Die on a simple sheet of paper. We will be using this as a "stencil", so any scrap paper (the right size) will do. Then I trim a piece of Neenah 80lb Smooth White cardstock, down to a Standard A2 size cover. I laid my "stencil" over this surface, and begin to blend in  Aletnew Crisp Dye Ink, Buttermilk. I don't want to fully cover the surface of my paper, just enough to get a subtle and delicate background. I gathered scrap pieces of paper in the colors orange and mustard, and proceeded to cut Altenew Layered Rose Die set.

This is a particularly gorgeous set, and includes individual dies, that when layered together, create a beautiful rose image. Before adhering my pieces, I added an extra pop of color with some Altenew Crisp Dye Inks. Very gently I went over the orange die cuts with the color Ruby Red, and used color Warm Sunshine on the mustard pieces. They all were adhered using Aleene's Tacky Glue. I followed these smae steps for the leaf die cuts, but I used various shades of green cardstock and inks. I allowed at least 3 minutes of drying time, before I began to place all components on the card cover.


My sentiment is from the Altenew Sentiment Strips stamp set, stamped over Neenah Smooth White cardstock with Altenew Crisp Jet Black Dye Ink. I trimmed it down to size, and adhered over a scrap piece of the same mustard colored cardstock I used before. Once everything was adhered, I added a few Nuvo Drops for a extra detail.

I do hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial, and that it inspired you to create something fun today.

Happy crafting,
Eny Dunn

Supply List:

- Neenah Smooth White Cardstock 80lb

- Orange, Mustard, Light Green, and Dark Green Cardstock

- Altenew Gradient Stripes Cover Die

-  Altenew Layered Rose Die Set

 - Altenew Sentiment Strips Stamp Set

- Altenew Crsip Dye Ink Buttercream

- Altenew Crisp Dye Ink Warm Sunshine

- Altenew Crisp Dye Ink Ruby Red

- Altenew Crisp Dye Ink Grass Filed

- Altenew Crisp Dye Ink Shadow Creek




 

Comments

  1. This looks fabulous! The colours and the stenciling both are looking great.
    Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This was one of mt favorite ones I've made so far!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!

Eny/AECP/Masking Unleashed/Altenew

Eny/AECP/With a Twist/Altenew