Eny/AECP Easy Ink Blending Techniques/Altenew

 



Hello everyone,

Today's Altenew Academy project, is a very special one for me. Our family recently moved to California, and it has been a dream come true. Never in my wildest dreams, did I think I would ever get the chance to see the Hollywood sign in person. But last January, I did. It was  thrilling moment, that would commence a new chapter in my family's life, and one I'm holding near and dear to my heart. For this class, Easy Ink Blending Techniques, I used several of the tips and tricks mentioned in each lesson, to create this ode to California.


I began by trimming a sheet of Neenah 80lb Smooth White cardstock, down to a standard A2 size card (4.25x5.50). I stamped my main image from the California Skies Altenew stamp set using VersaMark Intense Black Ink. This set has two "landscape" or "horizon" images (one for Los Angeles and one for Hollywood), I decided to use the Hollywood image. I found that the best way to stamp this image, is to apply the ink to the stamp on a acrylic block, and then lay my paper on top of the stamp. gently pressing and smoothing the paper, to get a full and crisp image. I decided to fussy cut my image, leaving the entire bottom portion of my page intact. This way, I am left with the cityscapes as the main focus. 

For the main background, I used Altenew Crisp Dye Inks in the colors Buttercream, Warm Sunshine, Coral Berry and Ruby Red. Starting with my lightest color (Buttercream) and using  a soft, circular motion, I begin to lay my colors on another piece of Smooth White cardstock (also measuring 4.25x5.50). Once my main background was fully blended to my liking, I then took sponge daubers, to add details. by placing colored dots over my main background, it gives it the illusion of soft clouds. 

on a scrap of white paper i stamped a sentiment that's included in the California Skies set. I then adhered my main image and sentiment using foam tape, and I make sure to leave enough space between both, so you can see the color blend on the background. A very simple card, to commemorate a very special occasion .


I hope this quick tutorial inspired you to create something fun today.

Happy crafting,
Eny Dunn


Supplies used:

- Neenah 80lb Smooth White Cardstock

- California Skies Altenew Stamp Set

- Altenew Crisp Dye Ink Buttercrem

- Altenew Crisp Dye Ink Warm Sunshine

- Altenew Crisp Dye Ink Coral Berry

- Altenew Crisp Dye Ink Ruby Red

- VersaMark Black Ink

- Foam Tape


Comments

  1. This looks beautiful Eny! And the card is even more meaningful because of the sentiment behind it.
    Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Erum! Its been a wonderful experience so far

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!

Eny/AECP/Masking Unleashed/Altenew

Eny/AECP/With a Twist/Altenew