Eny/AECP For The Guys/Altenew

 




Hello everyone!

So excited to once again share with you a Altenew project I completed, as part of the Altenew Academy Educator Program. I was really excited for this class, because it is all about making cards For The Guys.
I love making handmade gifts for my husband, but sometimes I get stuck and lose a bit of my mojo while creating. The tips and techniques I learned through this experience, have really opened door to creativity and expanded my knowledge.




For this card I used the Deco Wonder Stencil with Altenew Crips Mini Inks; Caribbean Sky, Persian Blue and Sapphire, to create a a ombre effect. I did all my blending over 80lb Neenah Smooth White Cardstock, making sure to start with my lightest color. Once the surface was fully covered, I removed the stencil and trimmed the cardstock to be a American Standard A2 size card cover (4.25x5.50).



The sentiments I used are from the Halftone Hello set, both were stamped using Altenew Crisp Jet Black ink. I fussy cut the large "hello" making sure to leave a white border, to create the illusion of using a coordinating die. The "you make me so happy" i simply trimmed down to size, and adhered over a thin piece of scrap black paper. Both my sentiments are propped over foam tape, to give it a bit of extra dimension. I then adhere my entire card cover to a light blue card size, that is about 1/8 of an inch larger. 

I was so excited about this card, that as soon as i finished it, I showed my husband, and he absolutely loved it! Definitely using some of the other techniques I learned for future gift giving projects.

Thank you so much for joining me today, and i do hope that this quick tutorial inspired you to create something wonderful today.

Have a wonderful and crafty day,
Eny Dunn


Supply List:
- 80 lb Neenah Smooth White Cardstock
- Altenew Deco Wonder Stencil
- Altenew Haltone Hello Stamp Set
- Altenew Crisp Dye Ink Jet Black
- Altenew Crisp Dye Ink Caribbean Sky
-Altenew Crisp Dye Ink Persian Blue
- Altenew Crisp Dye Ink Sapphire
- Foam Tape
- Liquid Glue
- Paper trimmer or scissors

Comments

  1. Stenciling is definitely one of the best ways to go for a masculine card!! Your colours look great too! Fabulous card!
    Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!

Eny/AECP/Masking Unleashed/Altenew

Eny/AECP/With a Twist/Altenew