Eny/AECP Irresistible Inking Techniques/Altenew


Hello everyone! I'm here once again to share a fun and bold, card I made as part of the Altenew Educator Program. This time, I took the Irresistible  Ink Techniques class, and I learned a lot of fabulous ways to use ink pads on your projects. Not just for stamping images or ink blending. For this project, I will be using a "swiping" technique, that helps create a textured look for your background.


I began by trimming a Neenah solar White 80lb cardstock to a A2 American standard card size (4.25x5.50). Using Altenew Crisp Dye  Ink color Coral Berry, pressing softly against my paper, and moving the ink pad upwards, to create the look of dry brushstrokes. I didn't take the ink pad all the way to the top of my paper, because I also wanted to create the illusion of a ombre, or gradient, look.
on another piece of white cardstock, I begin stamping my images. I used Altenew Build-A-Flower: Morning Glory stamp set. For this set, you get several stamps, that when layered, create a stunning floral image. Once i have a full background of images, i trim the paper to be at least half an inch smaller from each side, so its slightly smaller than my background. I then used a plan marker, to create a very thin border around my design.

I adhered my background to a black cardstock, and then adhered my floral design with foam tape. I always prefer layering on either side of the card base. I rarely place my imaged at the center, because I feel this gives it a little extra touch to the overall look. I then finish my card, by adding a sentiment.


I hope you enjoyed this quick "run down" on how I created this card and that it inspired you to create something wonderful today.

Happy crafting,
Eny Dunn





Supply List:
- Neenah Solar White 80lb Cardstock
- Black Cardstock
- Altenew Build-A-Flower: Morning Glory Stamp Set
- Altenew Best Sentiments Stamp Set
- Altenew Crisp Dye Inks:
       FLOWERS:
       Buttercream
       Warm Sunshine
        Coral Berry
        Ruby Red
       LEAVES:
         Firefly
         Mountain Pine
- Black Marker
- Trimmer
-Glue 
- Foam Tape



 

Comments

  1. I love the beautiful colours you used!
    Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! Gearing up for the final challenge and already have some ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!

Eny/AECP/Masking Unleashed/Altenew

Eny/AECP/With a Twist/Altenew