Eny/AECP/Polychromatic/Altenew

 


Hello everyone,

Eny here, with another fun card share, for the Altenew Academy Educators Program. For this project, I dove in to the Polychromatic class, specifically the Monochromatic lesson. I love being challenged to use just one main color or element in my designs, and this portion of the class truly inspired me. Not only with the design process, but also to get out of my comfort zone a bit. 

For today’s card, I used the Altenew Bold Blossom stamp set. This set has a buildable set of images, but also a full silhouette of the rose. I used the latter, and stamped the images several times over red cardstock, with Altenew Crisp Dye Ink Ruby Red. I added shading and depth to each rose, by using alcohol markers in the same color family. I have the past year, come to love ArtnFly Sketch Markers. Absolutely affordable, and the best part , is that they are refillable.


I began coloring from darkest to lightest, making sure I was blending each color along the way.  The color is rich, and vibrant, and worked well with the ink and cardstock color. I wanted my main panel to be smaller than my base, so I trimmed the panel down to 3x5.50. Before adhering, I created a colored strip, using my alcohol markers. I used a lei eve of scrap white cardstock, and did various long , vertical lines in two shades of red. I adhered that piece on the left side on my base, and with foam tape, I adhered the main panel. 

Finished my card with a sentiment from the Inked Flora stamp set, and splattered some Perfect Pearls Red, to give a little extra detail.

I hope you enjoyed this quick walk through and showcase of my latest project, and that it inspired you to create something today.

Happy Crafting,
Eny Dunn



Comments

  1. Thats so rad. I am so scared of red splatters! They always end up looking like blood LOL but yours look very nice!
    Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was terrified of the red colors LOL so happy you like it 😀

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!

Eny/AECP/Masking Unleashed/Altenew

Eny/AECP/With a Twist/Altenew