Eny/AECP/Beyond Basic Backgrounds/Altenew

 

 
Hello everyone!

Today I am sharing with you a new project I created, for the Level 2 classes over at the Altenew Academy. I just passed my Level 1 assignment, and I am looking forward to all the classes on this second part of the journey. Today’s class was Beyond Basic Backgrounds and I will be sharing a few tips I learned.

For this card, I used Altenew Build-A-Flower: Morning Glory stamp set and coordinating die. I began by trimming a Neenah Smooth White Cardstock, down to an A2 American standard card size (4.25x5.50). I will need two sheets of the same size, to create the overall design. 

One of the trimmed sheets, will be run through my Sizzix Big Shot, using the Morning Glory coordinating die. I will create “windows” , in various spots of my paper. I made sure to do it at random, but also being mindful of my placement. I wanted the flowers to be “coming down “ as if falling from the sky.

On my second piece of paper, I will be adding my floral images. I used the Shades of Purple mini Crisp Dye Ink set, going from lightest to darkest color, as I layer the images. For this particular design, I want to make sure the placement of the flowers, matches the placement of the die cuts. I would suggest placing the die cut sheet, over your other paper, and tracing the outline. 



My main cover, was fully colored using Distress Inks Mowed lawn and Rustic Wilderness, making sure to blend both together. I added leaf details , from the same stamp set, with Crisp Dye Ink Mountain Pine. For the final layers of the flowers and leaves, I added embossing powder. I used Ranger Ink Gold Embossing Powder, to give it an”gold foil” or metallic look. The blended/leaf background was adhered to my main base, using foam tape to give it a bit of dimension. I finished my card my adding a simple sentiment, that i layered over vellum paper. To add bit interest, I placed some gold thread underneath my sentiment.


Thank you so much for joining me again for another quick tutorial and look at this project. 

Have a wonderful and crafty day,
Eny Dunn



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!

Eny/AECP/Masking Unleashed/Altenew

Eny/AECP/With a Twist/Altenew