Eny/AECP/Beautiful Details/Altenew

 


Hello everyone!

Todays Altenew Educator Program project, is one of my favorites I've worked on. The Beautiful Details class from Marikah Rahtu, truly awoke within me the desire to create beautiful and intricate designs for my cards. During this class, we learned how to take any image to the next level. Whether by adding pencil or marker details, to using vellum paper, or creating fun scribbles...this class had a bit of everything for every style.


I began my card by trimming a Neenah 110lb Smooth White Cardstock, down to 4.25x.5.50. Today I will be doing a bit of masking, and using Avery removable labels and Altenew Wild Hibiscus stamp set.

 
I first stamp my image on the Avery label and fussy cut as close to the outline as possible. 


I stamped the image on the cardstock, and then place the label right on top of that stamped image. Make sure to align it perfectly, because we will be stamping over it. I continue moving the label and placing on top of each new image i placed on my paper, until I've fully covered the surface I want to use. 


This is how it looks at the end of the masking process. Now the true fun begins. I will be using ArtnFly Alcohol Markers and Prismacolor Colored Pencils, but you can use any medium. Just make sure to use the appropriate paper, and ink, for each medium. 




I do a very thin layer of alcohol marker. I used soft pink for my images, but I believe any color would look beautiful. I then added details to the flowers with the colored pencils. I flicked the wrist as I added my colors, making sure to layer one on top of the other, going from lightest to darkest.


On vellum paper, I stamped the leaves from the Altenew Inked Flora, colored the back of the images using alcohol markers, and then fussy cut all the colored images. 



I had some pink , metallic, vellum paper in my stash, and trimmed a small piece that measures 0.50x5.50 to use as a "trim" on my main panel. At the bottom of the panel I also added some Altenew Dot Washi Tape. I also stamped my sentiment and adhered all images to the right side of my panel. I propped up the flowers on foam tape, to really make them stand out.



Finished my card by adding some Nuvo Jewel Drops to bring it all together.



I hope you enjoyed this quick tutorial for another Altenew project, and that it inspires you to create something fun today!


Eny Dunn



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!

Eny/AECP/Masking Unleashed/Altenew

Eny/AECP/With a Twist/Altenew