Eny/AECP/Creative Watercolor Media/Altenew

 


Hello everyone!

So excited to be back again with another Altenew project. I recently did two back-to-back classes that involved using heat embossing in some fashion, and I quickly got to crafting. The first class was Creative Watercolor Media, and I will be sharing my favorite way to quickly color images using watercolor, to make fail proof.

I began by trimming a piece of 110lb watercolor cardstock (I used Canson watercolor paper) down to 4.25x5.50 , and doing a light coating on anti static powder. This will prevent the embossing powder from sticking to other areas that aren’t the stamped image. I used VersaMark Embossing Ink to ink up all my images. For today’s card, I used Geometric Landscape stamp set for my background, and the Inked Rose set for my main images. 

To make sure I get a full coat of ink, I am using my MISTI stamping platform. You can use any platform you choose, this helps keep the stamp over the same spot on the paper, so you add ink multiple times until the desired look. I then add Altenew Golden Peach embossing powder over the sticky ink, making sure to remove all the excess powder. I do prefer it into a coffee filter, for easy transfer in to embossing powder bottle, and easy clean up.  I will now add heat to my images, making sure I go in a circular motion. I don’t want to burn my paper or the powder, I only want to add heat until the powder melts and leaves a shiny coating.


Once everything has cooled down, I added color using the Altenew 12 pan watercolor palette. I wanted a vibrant card, and used pinks and teals to compliment the beautiful embossed details. After everything dries, I fussy cut each image, and trimmed my background to be a slightly smaller panel than my base. I believe this look works with every size and placement, so it’s definitely a personal choice. 


I adhered the panel using foam tape and then layered my images using Smart Craft Glue from Scrapbook.com . Finished my card with a sentiment from the Inked Rose set, and adding Nuvo Drops, for an extra touch.


Thank you so much for joining me again today, and I hope this card inspired you to create something fun!

Happy crafting,

Eny Dunn




Comments

  1. This is so pretty!! Love the colors!
    Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!

Eny/AECP/Masking Unleashed/Altenew

Eny/AECP/With a Twist/Altenew