Eny/AECP/Impressive Heat Embossing/Altenew

 


Hello everyone!

Today I continue my Altenew Academy Educator Program journey, by sharing my card for the Impressive Heat Embossing class given by the wonderful Svetlana Marchenko! Learned a lot of wonderful techniques, and though this card is easy to make, it still looks beautiful.

I began with purple and green vellum paper (8.5x11), found mine on Amazon, but you can also find at local craft stores. This particular vellum has a very matt, "full coverage" look and a slight metallic finish. I cut it in half to use for the images, and the rest for my main background.

The images I will be heat embossing today are from the Altenew Inked Flora stamp set. I will be using the smallest flower and one of the leaves included in the set. To begin my heat embossing, I first prepare the surface with antistatic powder. You can also use baby powder or static sheet. This helps to keep the embossing powder away from the surface that isn't inked. 

I used the purple vellum for my flowers ands using VersaMark Embossing Ink, I inked up the flowers, three times, and fully coated them with Whispers Opaque White Embossing powder. Make sure to remove the excess powder and transfer back to the bottle. I use a coffee filter to make it easier and less clean up. I proceed to heat the powder (I use Wagner Heat Gun), starting from the back of the image, to avoid warping the paper. Use quick circular motions, to make sure the paper doesn't burn. I repeat the same process with the leaves, but on the green vellum paper.


Make sure everything is cooled down before you fussy cut or use coordinating dies. I wanted a monochromatic look to my design, so I will be using the same purple vellum paper for my base. I place one flower on the top left corner, and the two other flowers on the bottom right corner, propping one up on foam tape to give a bit of interest to the card; making sure to pair each with a few of the leaves I embossed. I finish the look with a simple sentiment and gems (sequins) to add some shine.

I hope you enjoyed this look at another Altenew project and that it inspires you to create something fun today!


Eny Dunn




Comments

  1. This looks wonderful! Thank you for submitting your fabulous work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Erum! It has been so long since I used heat embossing. It was absolutely fun! ❤

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!

Eny/AECP/Masking Unleashed/Altenew

Eny/AECP/With a Twist/Altenew