Eny/AECP/Color Your Day/Altenew

 


Hello everyone! I am here once again to share with you a project I made, for the Altenew Academy Educators Program! Today, we are once again bringing all the fun with colors. I recently finished the Color Your Day Class from Therese Calvird, and learned lots of tips to make a card truly pop and stand out! Even with soft pastels, you can use color combos that compliment each other, to create a stubbing panel.


I began by trimming a Neenah 80lb White cardstock down to 4.25x5.50, and added a background using Altenew Deco Wonder Stencil and Distress Oxide Inks Antique Linen, Spun Sugar and Speckled Egg. I laid the stencil over my trimmed cardstock, making sure to use tape to hold in place. I began adding color from top to bottom (in the same order as listed above), making sure to blend each color seamlessly, where they connect. I went from lightest to darkest, ending with a nice soft blue shade. This is a very untraditional gradient, but looks lovely against the white paper.

I proceed to stamp my main image. I used the smallest flower included in the Altenew Inked Flora stamp set. Added colors by using ArtnFly Alcohol Markers. I chose various yellow shades, making sure to add shading and highlight, as I blended each of them. I also wanted to include leaves in my overall design, so i used bright green colors, to add a bit of extra brightness and fun to the card. Once all details were colored, I fussy cut each image.

Before adhering the background panel, i trimmed about 1/8 of an inch from two sides, so its slightly smaller than a A2 size card. I also used a bit of foam tape to prop it up on base. I used one of the sentiments from the same stamp set and Memento Tuxedo Black ink, and placed it on the top right hand corner of my background. Added black streaks with my marker on opposite sides on the sentiment. I thought this touch gave it a bit of extra interest. To finish my card, I adhered all images to the bottom left corner, tying it all together.


I hope you enjoyed this look in to another Altenew project. I hope it inspires you to create something fun today!

Happy crafting,
Eny Dunn




Comments

  1. This is beautiful! The stenciling looks great too!
    Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!

Eny/AECP/Masking Unleashed/Altenew

Eny/AECP/With a Twist/Altenew