Eny|AECP All About Layers|Altenew


 Hello everyone!


I am so excited to be sharing this project with you today. I have the honor to be participating in this round of the Altenew Academy Educator Program, and with one class, I've already learned so many fun techniques. I began my journey with All About Layers 1 class, and I will be sharing a card that features a lot of the techniques learned. 

For this card, I used the Build-A-Flower: Hellebore. It is a gorgeous set, and one of my favorites from Altenew. You can create three different flowers, and each flower has a combination of stamps that layer one on top of the other, to get the full look. Altenew makes it easy, by including a step-by-step guide in their stamp packet. I wanted a soft look for my design, so I decided to use Distress Oxide Inks Tattered Rose, Tea Dye and Black Soot. I stamped all images on Neenah Smooth White Cardstock.



To add a pop of color, I also stamped the leaves included in the set and used Distress Oxide Inks Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn. Once all images were complete, i proceeded to fussy cut each one and prepare my card base. I created a slimline card (3.5x9 inches) with Neenah Off-White Cardstock. I wanted to create a "window" for my sentiment, so I placed clusters of flowers and leaves, on opposite corners of my cards base. I used Aleene's Tacky Glue to adhere all images, and one with foam tape to add some dimension. 


The sentiment I used is from Altenew Sentiment Strips, that I stamped on white cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, trimmed it down to size, and placed over black cardstock. Once everything was adhered, I was able to prop my base, over black cardstock, this really helped all the images pop! I finished my design with some Nuvo Clear Drops.

I hope you enjoyed this quick run down of my card process, and that it inspires you to create something fun today.

Have a wonderful and crafty day,

Eny Dunn





Comments

  1. This looks beautiful, Eny! Congratulations on your first post for AECP! You did a fabulous job! The colour choice is great and the post is also very well written.
    Thank you for submitting your wonderful work to the AECP assignment gallery. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Erum! Having a lot of fun learning and creating!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!

Eny/AECP/Masking Unleashed/Altenew

Eny/AECP/With a Twist/Altenew