Eny/AECP Seasonal Scene Building/Altenew

 




Hello everyone,

Today I wanted to share with you another Altenew card I created, using techniques from the Seasonal Scene Building class. During this class, we learned different ways of building scenes for our card covers. Whether it is with masking, no-line coloring, or a big bold scene , there truly is something for every occasion. For today’s creation, I used two stamp sets. The main silhouette image is from the Versatile Vases set, and all floral images are from the Build-a-Flower: Hellebore set. 



I began by trimming a Neenah Smooth Solar White Cardstock, to 4.25 x 11 inches, and then scoring at the 5.50 mark, to create a top folding card. I first stamped the medium sized vase at the far left corner, and created a mask for the same image, using a post-it note. Making sure to stamp really close to the sticky portion, so it stays put while I create my card. I fussy cut the post-it version of the image, and place it over my main stamped image on my cardstock. I repeat this process with the latest of vases, and make sure to keep both masks on, when I stamp the final vase.

I decided to add a bit of detail to the last, skinnier vase, by using my Memento Tuxedo Black ink pen, to create a very faint version of the vases sides. Because the saves I decided to color them “see through”, it was important that all components were showing through. Once all images were stamped, I proceeded to color them using ArtnFly Sketch Alcohol Markers. Of course, you can use any medium you’d like for a project like this. I am still in full autumn/fall mode, so used a very soft turquoise color combo, for my vases. I love coloring from darkest to lightest shade, to make sure the blending is as seamless as possible. I also went ahead an colored the surface my vases were on top, using soft brown colors to create a wood grain look. 

For the flowers, I use my new favorite Distress Oxide blends; Crackling Campfire, Ripe Persimmon, Squeezed Lemonade and Frayed Burlap. For the largest flowers I used very dark color combos, and for the smallest ones I used softer tones. I love the contrast it gives to the overall look. I explained how I stamped these images, during the first lesson of the All About Layers Class, that you can check out and familiarize with. Once all images were done, I fussy cut each, leaving a bit of a white border, to create the illusion I used coordinating dies. 



For a bit of a color block, I also added leaves from the same Hellebore set, and “scattered” them between the main images, when adhering them. I finish my card with a sentiment from the Altenew Forever and Always set, and coloring some stamps in the vases.

I love how this card turned out, and I hope it inspired you to create something wonderful today.

Have a wonderful and crafty day,
Eny Dunn






Comments

  1. Not only you, I LOVE IT TOO!! Do not forget to tag Altenew when you share this card!
    Thank you for submitting your work to the AECP assignment gallery.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!

Eny/AECP/Masking Unleashed/Altenew

Eny/AECP/With a Twist/Altenew