Eny|AECP|Celebration: Stencil Techniques|Altenew


 Hello everyone!


Eny here here, once again, with another great Altenew Academy project share. The past few days I’ve been all about Stencil Techniques. I have a couple of extra designs I want to try, so make sure to follow me on my Instagram, where I’ll be sharing all my projects.

A few weeks ago, I had purchased the Cloud Stencil from Altenew, and ever since I’ve been hooked. They have a such a whispy and ethereal look to them, that adds an extra special touch to any background. Though we learned different ways to use a stencil during this class, I’m going for a bit of a classic approach. This stencil set also comes with a masking piece, which makes it easier to add details, without ruining your entire project. I first used the mask portion, and placed it over a Neenah Smooth White 80lb cardstock. I fully covered my surface with Distress Oxide Ink Tattered Rose. 



To create the darker clouds, I used the main cloud stencil piece, and Distress Oxide Ink Worn Lipstick. To really get the full effect of shade and highlight, I made sure to leave enough space between each cloud cluster. I wanted to prop up my main background on foam tape, and also give it a different look. So, I fussy cut the entire image, and them trimmed about an inch from the right side. Before adhering, I stamped these lovely flowers from the Fragile Foliage set, with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I then adhered my whole piece ,with foam tape, on a A2 (4.25x5.50) standard card base. I have always been inclined to place images on the right side of my card base, and today was no different. Keeping it simple with soft colors really helps draw your eyes to the main image featured in this design.




To finish my card, I added a sentiment that is included in the Fragile Foliage set and added Nuevo Drops for a bit of sparkle and shine. I hope you enjoyed this quick process on how I put this card together. Certainly one of my new favorites I have recently made. I hope this has inspired you to create something fun today.

Have a wonderful and crafty day,
Eny Dunn




Comments

  1. This is a beautiful card, Eny. It has a very boutique feel to it! I also love the layout and the subtle colours you chose.
    Thank you for submitting your card to the AECP assignment gallery. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!

Eny/AECP/Masking Unleashed/Altenew

Eny/AECP/With a Twist/Altenew