Color Throwdown Challenge #490

Hello everyone,

Today I'm sharing this week's Color Throwdown Challenge, by creating this card using various stamps from Hampton Art and Joann's, and Distress Inks. This week's Color combo was pink, lavender,green and gray.
I wanted to create a floral background, with a layered touch. The distress inks help in creating this effect, without mudding the color too much.
I decided to take this opportunity to try a technique by one of my favorite card makers, Amy Rysavy. She layers sentiments she die cut, adhering one on top of the other, until she gets the dimension she wants. By cutting the word love on my background ,I have a space for my dimension element, but also can use that cut apart to continue the flow of the background.
I love how this card turned out, and I believe this week's colors really helped get look I wanted.

For all the details on this week's Color Throwdown Challenge and how to enter please visit their Instagram account.

Happy crafting,
Eny Dunn

Comments

  1. Such a beautiful background! So glad you joined us at Color Throwdown this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

12 Days of Creepmas Blog Hop!

Eny/AECP/Masking Unleashed/Altenew

Eny/AECP/With a Twist/Altenew